Hotales

Hotales
The Life and Times of A Hotel Desk Clerk

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Breakfast Grinch

The woman who loved sausages:
Each day I am amazed at how excited people are over free hotel breakfast, but today I think the bar was finally set. I was just minding my own business, doing some paperwork when I looked up to find a woman with her 2 children making several plates of food. This is not unusual. There were 3 of them and maybe 4-5 plates so I just kept going about whatever I was doing. They all went upstairs and I thought nothing else of it until not even 5 minutes later, they were all back making more plates. I started to get curious because the little boy was making waffles as fast as he could and the mom was just taking any food she could as fast as our kitchen guy could put it out. Finally, she screamed across the lobby at me to let me know that we were out of biscuits. No shit! All the biscuits are on one of your 10 plates, lady! Whatever. I explained that the cook was going as fast as he could and it'd just be a few minutes. Then she screamed across the lobby that we were out of sausages. I repeated that it would take just a few minutes. When he brought the biscuits and sausages out, she dumped them all on her plate!!! WHAT! Okok! Sure, we're slow, but Christ almighty! I wanted to tell her she wasn't the only guest in the hotel and that she was being a bit hoggish but we all know that would result in me getting fired. She went back upstairs with her little breakfast minions, carrying at least 4 plates each and I know the little boy made exactly 5 waffles. Whatever, it was over... or so I thought! She came back down with just her daughter this time, who went straight to the waffle station. I was in awe. I mean, really? How much food can three people eat and even if she did have a few other people in the room, it was still enough to cause anyone to drop dead of a heart attack. There was nothing I could say or do other than stare in amazement at how fast they were cleaning the breakfast bar out of pretty much everything. Then came the drama. Breakfast closes at 9:30 and when she got downstairs for her last raiding session, it was 9:43 and the kitchen employees had already started cleaning and putting things away. Out of nowhere this lady is in my face SCREAMING. Straight up hollering like a crazy banshee. Quote: "CAN YOU PLEASE TELL HIM TO PUT OUT MORE SAUSAGES?! THIS THANG IS SUPPOSE TO RUN 'TIL 10:30 AND I AM CONSTANTLY BEGGIN' YOU TO PUT MORE FOOD OUT. MY FAMILY IS HONGRY!" I calmly explained that breakfast only runs until 10:30 on the weekends but that she was more than welcome to help herself to the fruit, muffins, bagels, cereal or anything that was still on the bar. Also, waffles because her daughter was still hard at work making a few. She was, needless to say, unhappy with my response and started demanding a manager. Since the manager was gone, I decided to just give her what she wanted so I called the kitchen and told them to make one more batch of sausages and then to close everything down. They made an entire package of sausage (12 links) and as soon as they put it out, she picked up the wax paper it's placed on and dumped all of them onto her plate then stormed away. WOW!! I was just in shock that someone would actually behave like that over fucking frozen sausage links served at a hotel breakfast. 





It was over but I was still curious how many people she was actually feeding with all that food so I patiently waited hoping they would check out and I could see everyone for myself. A few hours later, they appeared! It was her and the 2 kids, and something I did not expect. A man stepped out of the elevator and I swear to God I thought it was Rubius Hagrid. He was effing HUGE. It all made sense. This guy could have eaten at least 10 of me and then some. I felt bad for judging her before seeing this sasquatch but I'm pretty anyone that witnessed what I witnessed would have judged too!




1 comment:

  1. WOW!! I'm pretty sure I'm judging her WAY worse than you did. I won't even post how I'm judging her in fear of people thinking I judge people by certain features of one's appearance. Not to get all serious about this incident, but if another guest had complained about her taking all the food, would you have been able to say something to her? I'm definitely one of those people that enjoys a free hot breakfast at a hotel so if some bitch was hogging all the food you better believe I'm gonna say something!!

    ReplyDelete