Hotales

Hotales
The Life and Times of A Hotel Desk Clerk

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Coworker Woes

Creeper status - code red:
All of my posts up to now have been about the idiotic guests, but let me take you into the inner workings of the hotel and talk about the shadiest employee we have. There is a guy that works for the housekeeping department but he doesn't clean rooms. He is a houseman, which basically means he does janitorial duties and he also works as a bellhop for a few hours on our really busy nights. There is no other way to describe this guy other than sketchy. He is hispanic but he speaks English pretty well and apparently he moved here from Florida because he got into some kind of trouble down there. What kind of trouble, I don't know, but after working with him for a few months, I could probably guess. He is the most annoying, most infuriating person to be around and for some reason he always seems to work during my shift. I literally cannot stand this guy or anything about him. I have told him this on several occasions and instead of taking the hint, he'll just bring me flowers and hearts that he makes out of napkins. WHAT THE EFF? When he first started he seemed really nice but I got the vibe that something was very off with him. I noticed after a couple days of working here that guests were telling me how friendly and helpful he was so I assumed he was doing a really good job and just went about my business. One morning during breakfast, I overheard him talking to a group of guests and noticed he was handing them comment cards. Apparently since the first day he started he had been bothering guests, trying to get them to give him good reviews and compliments, thinking it would cause the manager to give him a raise. What a moron. Obviously, he ended up getting in trouble because we are never supposed to tell a guest to review us or comment on our helpfulness. If a guest wants to do so on their own, fine, but we should never tell them to. So after he was told to stop harassing people into giving him good reviews, he became super annoying. All he does is stand at the front desk and talk about the dumbest shit ever. One day he asked me: "What would you do if I followed you home and spray painted your car?" SKETCHBALL. Um, I would call the freakin' cops and hopefully have you arrested, weirdo. And that's only if I don't light your melon head on fire. Other times, he'll come behind the front desk (I have no idea how he got the code) and just stand behind the second computer like he works here and then when guests go up to him, he has no clue what to do. If a guest came up to me, he would stand right behind me and talk over me while I was trying to check them in or out, whatever the case may be. I finally got fed up with him and just flipped out telling him he had no business behind the desk and if he decided to do it again, I'd have to tell management. Thinking I was finally rid of him ever talking to me again, I was creeper free for a week or so until he walked up to the desk and handed me an envelope one day. He said, "Keep this on the down low, Miss." Curious, I opened the envelope and found a list of movies he had bootlegged and was trying to sell. To be clear, I did not purchase any of these but it was almost laughable that he was even trying to sell them. Almost all of the movies were like 4+ years old and weren't even that good when they were new. Really? You're trying to sell me a bootlegged copy of Scream? Christ, people are such tards now a days!



During one of his bellhop shifts, no one could find him for a few hours, so we just gave up. I walked into the fitness center to refill my water bottle and nearly peed myself because when I turned the lights on because he was lying down on the treadmill watching tv. Of course, I blew up at him and told him to get the fuck out of the gym and start doing his job. He's always lurking in the dark and never seems to be around when something actually has to be done. I mean, I've caught this guy in the weirdest places during some of our busiest hours. He is an incredibly gross pig too. Apparently he treats his girlfriend/mom to his children like crap while eye raping every female he comes in contact with. He's a pig, a sketchball, a creeper, a lurker, a lazy bum, a pain in the ass, and pretty much the bane of my existence. Not to mention, he's always trying to get everyone to give him their tips. Why the fuck would I give you a tip that the guest left for me, douchebag? Stop spending your paycheck making unsellable bootleg dvds and then maybe you'll have money to buy a soda or a bag of chips for lunch! EVERYONE here hates him and we've all complained to management about 20 times each so hopefully he'll get fired soon or someone will throw a twig in the spoke of that ridiculous scooter he rides to work everyday and we'll never hear from him again. I know this sounds incredibly mean and I normally don't wish harm on anyone but if I had to pick one person in the world to throw in a bottomless pit, it'd be him.

No comments:

Post a Comment