Hotales

Hotales
The Life and Times of A Hotel Desk Clerk

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Scheduling Conflicts

Boss lady:
Coming from a family of mostly men (all with hot tempers), I can pretty much handle anything when it comes to the maintenance men I supervise at the hotel. They are both pretty hot tempered country boys and can let a lot of tension build up and then just explode at the smallest thing. Over the past few weeks, I've noticed things getting really tense and small arguments occurring but I figured they were grown ass men and could deal with it appropriately. I mean, everyone has little annoyances with coworkers once in a while. I came into work this morning and wasn't even here 10 minutes before I had a guest in my face complaining about screaming on the 3rd floor. Ok, the 3rd floor is where the maintenance office is so I was just praying and crossing my fingers the whole way up that it wasn't my two guys because I knew it would be a long day if they were going at it. I got upstairs and starting following the shouts and sure enough there was tweedle dee and tweedle dum hootin' and hollerin' like buffoons! I immediately jumped in because I know when a guy is about to swing and it looked like it was escalating to that level pretty quickly. I had idiot number 1 yelling at me about idiot number 2 and idiot number 2 shouting and swearing about idiot number 1. It took me a few minutes to get them shut up but then they'd just go right back at it. FINALLY, I got the two jackasses to sit down and shut up after threatening them with suspension and raising my voice!! When I got to the heart of the issue, it was over the fucking schedule. Are you kidding me? Two grown ass men with families are about to start swinging on each other because they don't want to work on a saturday?!?! WHAT THE FUCK? I was so mad and you better believe I got real southern and real mean real fast!! I wish I would've had my granny's cast iron spoon 'cause I would have knocked the shit out them for causing such a scene during work hours while guests were present. They just sat their quietly and I'm sure they probably had a few things to say to each other about me when I left but at least I got them to shut up and stop acting like hooligans... or so I thought! Not even an hour later, one of them came storming out of the elevator yellin', "I CAN'T WORK WITH HIM! HE'S SUCH A MOTHERFUCKER!" That was it for me!! I called both of them into my office, filled out suspension forms, told them to clock out, go home and come back in 14 days when they could act like fucking adults. This resulted in one throwing a pen and a set of keys in my office so I gladly added 7 more days to his suspension and told him one more peep would mean termination. I asked them why they were willing to risk their jobs over being lazy assholes and not wanting to work 4 hours on a Saturday. Their response: "We both wanted to go huntin'." Well, boys, now you have 3 full, unpaid weeks of hunting. I sure hope that deer tastes good!! :o))





No comments:

Post a Comment