Hotales

Hotales
The Life and Times of A Hotel Desk Clerk

Friday, October 14, 2011

Grown Ups

I think when you're pushing 50 it's time to retire your middle school attitude:
I have had the WORST time trying to get along with one of my new co workers. She's a manager so it's a little trickier to deal with since I can't just write her up or fire her like I can someone on the desk or in housekeeping. She is ALWAYS late and then she leaves for hours at a time. I'm honestly not sure at all what she does other than run around in the her stupid little beetle and take her son lunch money... her 18 YEAR OLD SON, by the way!  Anyway, she got hired here and started immediately trying to act like a badass by writing people up for the stupidest shit and I told her, "Now, listen... you have to pick your battles because these people will just start quitting if you treat them like that." Of course, I was right. We've lost about 5 employees since she got here a few months ago and there's a good chance one of our other department managers is going to turn in his resignation soon because she keeps annoying him with dumb shit. Actually, I've already threatened my two weeks notice if the general manager didn't put a stop to her lack of professionalism and somewhat bullying towards everyone. For example... her shift is supposed to be 9am-5pm and she actually asked if she could get it changed to 11am-6pm (NOT EVEN AN 8 HOUR SHIFT) because she "just couldn't get up that early!" <--- What kind of grown ass woman can't wake her ass up and be at work by 9 am?? She constantly cries to everyone about her personal problems like her mom's health and her son's migraines. I understand that everyone has problems and I'm certainly not trying to be heartless but at some point, you have to learn to set that stuff aside when you come to work! And as for her son's migraines... SHUT UP!! I have a BRAIN TUMOR and I still work 40 hours a week so the fact that she won't let him drive, won't let him get a job and won't let him take full course loads at the community college is fucking ridiculous. If he has a migraine, then he should stay home but she shouldn't stop him from doing things at all because she's scared he MIGHT get one. What the hell is wrong with people?! She will come out of her office and say "Oh, I'm just going to run some lunch money over to my son," and then she leaves for 4 hours. Really?!?! It takes you 4 hours to take a grown man lunch money even though he only lives 3 minutes away. Her whole attitude at work is super sketchy and also, she is kind of crazy. She has severe mood swings and I literally don't know which one is going to come at me when I walk through the door. How 'bout this bitch put one of the front desk computers in her office because her's broke and then wouldn't give it back for us to do check ins!! I was about to reach deep inside and pull out my Warsaw, SC roots and show her what crazy actually looks like, but instead, I just walked away and came back to the situation calmly. She truly is the most unpleasant and horrible person I have ever had the misfortune of working with and if things are different within the next month, this blog may have to change it's title because I will no longer be working at a hotel! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment