Hotales

Hotales
The Life and Times of A Hotel Desk Clerk

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Verbal Punching Bag

The incredibly stupid woman:
It amazes me how much people expect me to know about every little thing. Of course I know where you can find a Mongolian Bar-b-que restaurant that offers Kosher and vegetarian options as well, and who doesn't know where Possum Trot Lane in the middle of Bumfuck is?! I had a lady come down this morning and tell me her friends in Room 411 weren't answering their cell phones or the room phone. So I suggested to her that they might be out or still asleep. Oooooh no! "Well, Cathy doesn't sleep past 8 so they must be out. Where do you think they went?" What else could I do except give her a blank stare? The only information I have on your friends in room 411 is that they are staying here for 1 night and that they booked their room online.  Oh, but now that I know Cathy doesn't sleep past 8, I can tell you exactly where she is with her entire family, how long they'll be out and why they won't answer your phone calls. People are so stupid. I'm not even at the tip of the iceberg yet, folks. Not even 30 minutes later a group came by to check out of room 411. During the checkout, I say "Oh, I think your friend over there was trying to reach you." Lo and behold, now I'm the moron. "Um.. we don't know that lady." Turns out, the idiot had been calling room 411 but her friends were not staying in 411 at our hotel. They were staying in 411 at the hotel across the street. What a fucking tard.


Sure you can yell at me:
I'm at work and breakfast is over. I thought I was in the clear and sat down to read one of my books. Ah, the silence is like a mini vacation from all the nutters I have to deal with everyday. Right when I'm good and relaxed, the phone rings. Surprise, Surprise. It's the same crazy guy that's been yelling at me everyday for almost a month. Let me just give you a little background on this nut job. He booked an online reservation that was prepaid and had a no cancellation policy. He called me a while back to cancel and when I explained that he couldn't and that his card had already been charged, I'm pretty sure he actually lost his mind. He proceeded to yell curse words at me and then actually said: "I hope my son does get into school here so I can purposely stay away from your hotel and you, you stupid bitch." Oh yes, because it's my fault you decided to book a non-cancellable room and then cancel. Gotcha. He also told me he wanted to talk to my manager about my attitude because I didn't "sound upset" about his situation. What a jackass. I hope his son doesn't get into college anywhere and leaches off of him until he dies. Anyway, the story doesn't end there. This same guy has been calling and harassing the hotel for about a month to try and get his money back and every time he gets shut down, especially now that he's being so ridiculous about it. Clearly he has never heard of catching more flies with honey than vinegar. His latest move was to call his bank and tell them it was a phony charge and that he has never stayed at this hotel. The last part is true (thank God), but he did make a prepaid reservation. When the bank called to verify this information, my manager was already on top of it and faxed over several documents confirming that the charges were, indeed, valid. So this morning, guess who calls! Mr. Nutso! He immediately starts yelling at me and telling me we had no right to fax documents to his bank (even though we did) and he must have called me "BITCH" about 10 times. I stopped counting at 6. He also told me he hated the company that owned our hotel and he "sincerely hopes we get a bed bug and lice infestation and have to close down." I eventually hung up on him after I had heard enough and my manager is in the process of having his number blocked and putting him on the black list for our hotel. Cheers, crazy man. It's people like him that cause me to drink.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps this (clinically) insane assbag wouldn't be so concerned about spending the money on this hotel reservation if he put all the energy he uses up harassing you into actually working and being a productive human being.

    It scares the hell out of me that there are people like this out in society...not to mention the fact that they are reproducing. And the fact that he hopes his son gets into school here for that reason...just leaves me speechless. I'm straight-up horrified.

    ReplyDelete