Hotales

Hotales
The Life and Times of A Hotel Desk Clerk

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One Smart Cookie

Remembering where you need to be is rocket science:
As I've said in my previous posts, I always try to be as cheerful as possible when I get to work in the mornings. It's hard, because I'm not a morning person and it's made even harder when I'm dealing with absolute ass clowns. I had a "gentleman" come in this morning to check in. First of all, check in is at 4 p.m. but we had some rooms ready so it wasn't a huge deal. Then comes the ordeal. I can't find his name in the system and the confirmation number he kept repeating (as if saying it 15 freaking times is going to make your reservation magically appear) wasn't there either. I know for a fact this isn't one of our confirmation numbers because it's longer than our's and it starts with a different number. I asked him politely if he's sure he had a reservation with us. He proceeded to tell me he isn't a moron and he'd know if he'd booked somewhere else. I told him I could give a room and that there was no problem, but of course, that solution didn't satisfy him. He wanted to find his reservation and when he started raising his voice, I literally tried to give him everything he wanted. I even discounted the room rate for him but that was not good enough either. How on Earth could we lose his precious reservation and why won't his confirmation number work?! Then he told me he's pretty sure he was prepaid so I should give him the room for free. Suuuuuuuuure!! Let me get right on that. My boss would be totally ok with me giving you a room for free simply because you told me you had already paid for one, even though I have no evidence or documents saying so. He got all huffy when I told him I couldn't do that and then yells "WHATEVER!!," takes his keys and marches away to his room. One hour later, he came back and told me he had to check out. I had to ask if there was a problem even though I know he already hates me and that there was sure to be something else for me to deal with. Get ready for it, folks. He did have a reservation, JUST NOT HERE!! I couldn't stop smiling and he could clearly see how much of a dumbass I thought he was. When I asked him where his reservation was, he was reluctant to say but then admitted that it was in a po-dunk town about 30 minutes away. Absolutely, I realize that you meant to book your reservation here and can definitely see how you got us confused with Hooker's Delight Motel in Hobbitown, West Virginia, jackass!!! It's just so satisfying when they finally realize they are, indeed, as smart as a bag of hair and I was right all along. That's all for today but it's only 10 a.m. so who knows what else could happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment